08-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #95
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
It was an interview with Chek done by T-Nation. How can an interview with the man in question discredit my agrument. Did you even click the link?
No, i didnt click the link. I saw tnation in the URL and that was all I needed to know. That place is rectum of the online fitness world.

Quote:
What tangent did I go off on? I discussed Chek and his holistic healing principles.
I asked you why you say Chek shouldnt be compared to Scientologists, when all the qualifications you listed about him mirror those of the church.

Quote:
A healthy hen will lay the BEST eggs it can to ensure their survival. Why would it lay a thin-shelled egg if it were indeed healthier? Healthier eggs come from healthier chickens. Think.
You have still yet to post any data showing free range eggs to be healthier. Either post some or quit saying the meaningless things over and over again.

Quote:
I just posted an entire PDF which mentioned several studies showing organic foods are superior. You don't think your studies are influenced and funded by commercial farming interests. You are regurgitating what you have been fed regarding commercial farming. You should know better than to post a study done by a government agency. Corporate america has our government by the balls.
the findings of a single study are not the same thing as an article, which its authors have the ability to pick and choose what info they wish to include, exclude, distort, etc.

Quote:
Why has disease risen so sharply in the US in the past 100 years if our farming habits are better than those that pre-date 1900? If all of these pesticides and processed foods are so good, shouldn't cases of degenerative disease be falling? That's all the proof I need to stay as far away from commercial farming as possible.
This may or may not even be true, I have never looked into it. But if it is, the cure would not be an issue of eating organically grown broccoli; it would be putting down the CinnaBun and Starbucks double mocha chocolate caramel frappacino, getting involved in some type of physical activity, and eating any type of broccoli.

Quote:
You haven't had a problem that you can see at least. At the cellular level, you may indeed be out of balance which is the recipe for disease. If you're only 24, bad habits will not be affecting you as yet. Bad habits will bite you in the rear in due time as they do for everyone.
Trust me, i care about my health greatly, I just dont see the advantage to organic foods. Until I can get an answer more conclusive than "meh, organic food may or may not offer health advantages over non-organic" then I dont see the need to double my grocery bill.

Quote:
In your heart, do you really think ingesting bovine growth hormone is good for the human body?
Probably not, but neither is drinking alcohol, and Im not afriad of that killing me any time soon.

Quote:
Read again. Seems real conclusive.
I didnt say anything was conclusive. The problem is that there is not a lot, if any, conclusive data on this stuff.

Quote:
If salmonella is so high in free range chickens, where are the cases of people getting sick? They should be happening all the time.
Where are the cases of people getting sick from conventionally raised chickens? I dunno, somewhere.

Quote:
If you actually watched the entire series of videos, he took his shirt off to give his lifestyle and teachings credibility. His physique certainly does not injure his argument.
Dudes in good shape for his age, im not denying that, but if you cant see the comedy in it, then I dont know what to tell you.

Quote:
90% of American doctors wouldn't take their shirts off because they are very poor examples of health. I rarely see healthy doctors. They are too stressed out and have poor diets. I would not take lifestyle advice from one of the team doctors I had while playing ball. They were sloppy.
I dont disagree with this.

Quote:
He offers out of the box thinking that fat, unhealthy Americans can't swallow. Chewing your food more till it reaches a more liquid consistnecy may aide in digestion. Mixing water in your mouth with saliva aides in it's assimilation into the body. This is an eastern philosophy. Maybe you should try it.
Appreciate 0