View Single Post
      02-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #73
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep
Drives: Trolley Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
I trust studies about as much as I trust politicians. For any issue under the sun I can find you studies that both support and contradict it. Scientists are paid to push products, not to find the truth. Seriously, who do you think is willing to bankroll some egghead to find the truth? People spend money to make money. They don't do it for some grand good of the human race.

If you want studies you can trust, carry them on yourself. That's what I've done. I take from experience. Why would I believe some corporate shill over my own experience?
So you dont trust science and research? Seems like its led to some pretty cool discoveries over the past few hundred years or so.

To say that all research is performed simply to fulfill someone else's corporate agenda seems a little tin-hatish, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoni
I'm not selling anything so I don't really feel there's a point in me taking time and effort to dig up studies and whatnot just to convince some guys on an internet forum that I'm right. What I say I say honestly and out of good faith. People can either accept it or deny it. It's their choice.
But when people make baseless claims, that leads to misinformation. If anyone could just say whatever they wanted, and no one would be able to determine fact from fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni
Well, I don't really think that is a proper measure of how good someone's training or diet plan is. There are so many factors that play a part in all of it that it would be impossible to discern what is a result of diet/training and what is the result of numerous other variables.
then why mention it at all if its not a reliable measure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoni
I did however say it because I know a lot of those bashing my methods are just armchair fitness experts who talk the talk but don't walk the talk. You can't bash what I say unless you've tried it, given it a chance, and have concluded that it doesn't work.
What if myself and numerous others have tried these methods and found them to be less than optimal? What if research has also found these methods to be bunk?
Appreciate 0