United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Maybe because it's a better car?

The BMW is certainly a better looking car in and out (subjectively), but it's heavier than the Model S for cryin' out loud (nevermind the Model 3 it's being compared with) and has limited room for rear-seat passengers to boot.

I guess if you don't really care about handling/performance and just want something more plush that looks nice, then the i4 would be the choice here . . . but that's not typically BMW's demographic, at least for cars with a pseudo M badge on them.

I'm sure they'll do better when they move off CLAR and into the NK1 platform with the sixth gen batteries, but this was just a half-hearted attempt to get into the luxury EV space. It's not necessarily the wrong choice either, because there's a big market for people who want an EV but hate Tesla, but there's a lot of catching up to do.
No, I disagree. BMW i4 is the better car. It comes equipped with rare luxury amenities such as an instrument cluster, Apple CarPlay, numerous physical buttons and radar sensors, and even non-peeling paint, and you can choose an interior color that is not black or white. BMW i4 also looks like a vehicle you don’t mind to own, unlike the Tesla Model 3 that looks like a plastic toy frog from Walmart.
Could not agree more. While i4 will only get better in subsequent production years, it does come with brake pads as a standard feature in the current form.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00