View Single Post
      10-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #235
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You do know I was going to name a kitchen after you? No? Well if you weren't this mean, I'd spend the rest of my life in the Mrs Wade kitchen cooking near my one mildly Spanish (ish)feature (which is basically Mexican since that's a tiny leap considering all others we need to overlook here) of any sort.

You'd rather have a Canadian neighbour you agree with or a Finnish kitchen named after how I read your handle and dedicated to your wife?
I'd say UncleWede is playing the long game here - strategic if you will. I mean, to hear everyone go on and on about global warming, he might legitimately be thinking the 'Nard will one day in his lifetime become inhospitable.

And then what? If that were to occur, Canada would likely be still quite nice in terms of temperature, and it is quite close, being landmarked and all which means he can bring all his possessions. Plus we speak a language he already understands.

On the other hand, we have Finland. Nobody in their right mind wants to try to learn how to speak Finnish. It would be a long flight, and he couldn't take his goats with him. And this kitchen...I mean we don't really know whether you cook well or not - perhaps he wants to wait and see and make sure the kitchen is worthy of something close to his name before he truly commits. Maybe conduct interviews of your children and husband first.

So...have a possible Canadian sponsor to allow him to prolong his life and enjoy his possessions, or....have a kitchen not really named after him, just named after him in...spirit. I'd say he's made the right choice.
Appreciate 1
Lups11824.50