View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 01:51 AM   #13
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
True enough, but I think of knights as being warriors, I think of F1 Drivers being entertainers not unlike pro-athletes and movie stars. Do your job, collect your enormous pay check, be humble and STFU......the rum is still talking.
actually for knight part its in old times for sure but the whole point of Sir that understandably turned into something metaphoric.. a warriror.. otherwise at least i havent seen any knight on the street killing enemies..

first of all i kindly ask a minor tweak of F1 drivers perception of not being pro athletes Murf.. cause their physical state is better than a lot of athletes in olympics for example they have stamina and guts to the same thing in a car and losing 3-5L of water during 2 hours race.. and its not because they re in sauna and just "chillin" as you know.. and after races they re still running around, dealing with press etc.. its not for every human being.. after a season break even they need more driving to deal with it again..

i can get some reasoning behind Patrik Head but take Sir Frank Williams for example.. served his nation as a private team in F1 for many years and still even its a name only now, brought many talents to sport, had a life changing crash that paralyzed him, he didnt give up, then Renault made a car for honoring him (and sell cars of course) Clio Williams that actually Williams didnt do anything to develop it but their name was enough.. first part of cars sold so fast.. they made additionally limited cars, they re all sold.. Renault made another group of cars they were sold so fast as well.. and another one.. Williams wasnt far off from tittles or front group back in 2000's.. his wife got cancer 10-12 years ago.. she died not long ago.. FW was sick not long ago but he is ok now and went back home.. FW became Sir, like 20-25 years ago but see he is a warrior without armor and a sword in his hand..

for Lewis.. he was and actually still only black racing driver imagine its like that from your early childhood.. he is fighting for environmental changes in sports and its working, less carbon and zero carbon is not far away from motorsports, he is fighting for women rights and pushing people to bring in more women into motorsports.. he is influencing in a positive way millions only by his IG account.. having less political communication "frequency" with people around him..

and may sound easy but 100 years of Silver Arrows turned into Black Arrows thanks to him to support human rights.. imagine Merc's corporate elements and make a branding color change like this, maybe re-contract or at least convince many sponsors for a change like this cause for brands, its pretty important even by what color of their logo will be surrounded especially on a level like F1.. and its because of mostly one persons will.. brought many sponsors, celebs to each race making Merc's sponsors even more visible on social media highest level of all ever.. waved his nation's flag million times on TV that shows all around the world, probably after names like Senna, Schumacher in recent era everybody knows Lewis Hamilton name in spite of nation or language.. his human side off track and never give up on track attitude one of a kind as well (but you hear this from all drivers these days, surprised?).. his brother is racing despite his disability its another first in that sense.. and probably many more things that i cant remember right now..

all this makes sense to me at least on some level and im sure Brit friends over here can draw a better picture..
irunalot1518.00