12-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #51
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-O-Matic View Post
You know, you would think so huh.....but my son is not a car guy, and my daughter just wants to save the environment. This is a very different generation. They didn't grow up with drag racing, street cruising, and modifying cars. It's not in their blood.
I like to think that the love for cars is still alive in my generation. Assuming your kids are millennials, I'm one myself and I'm on a mission to get all the modern successors of my childhood dream cars before they're toast thanks to the green-machine ripping away all my joy. At the age of 23 I'm under so much pressure to buy all my longtime favorites with "big engines" before they're extinct. I used to love the Viper, McLaren, and Merc SL as a kid in the 90's, and I'm thankful that I've already got 2 out of the three with one McLaren (most probably the 570S) to go. It makes me happy to see kids' eyes sparkling when I rev my AMG as I pass by - I feel as though I'm inspiring a whole new generation of car enthusiasts.

You should consider yourself lucky you had a chance to own these beautiful beasts at a simpler time with peace of mind. I hope whoever you sold them to will appreciate them just as much. Cheers
Appreciate 1