awhk
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 SBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darudis View Post
Hi I have the same issue with them magnets touching each other
Did you found a reason why? And have you found a solution how to fix it?
I have just purchased a G11 Ceramic controller to replace the NBT EVO controller on my 2018 F80 with iDrive 6. Somehow the new controller won't work. Then I've taken them apart and swapped the knob and faceplate onto my original controller. Upon close inspection, there is a roughly 0.5mm gap between the bottom plate (holding the magnet) and the controller. The 4 screws under the part number sticker securing the plate don't have to tighten to the max. If you decide to take that apart, better use washers to space them out when you reassemble.

The EVO controller structure is similar to the iDrive 4 controller except the iDrive knob is held by a screw securing from the bottom of the controller. There is a rubber cover (in the middle of 4 screws under the part number sticker) that you can remove using pilers to access the screw. You don't have to remove the magnet holder to remove the knob. The ribbon cable, iDrive knob and face plate structure are pretty much the same like the old controller.
Appreciate 0