View Single Post
      08-23-2016, 04:07 PM   #8
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Backpacks - Look at Gregory or Lowe Alpine - I have extensively used both of these packs. Lowe was the very first internal frame pack back in the 80's I bought the very first one on the market at the time and use it for almost 20 yrs before the water proofing deteriorate. I then went out and research a new backpack and settle on the Gregory. At the time they were the only pack which offer belts in small, medium, and large and the Pack also comes in different sizes depending on your height.

I never really looked at Osprey until recently, the wife and I were looking for a day pack for her, and she like the Osprey over other options. She felt it fit her better. They seem to have better design for woman.

Boots we tend to like Merrel, again I have been using them for almost 30 yrs and had a few which lasted a good 10 yrs. They really stand behind their products, my son was pretty rough on boots and has some come apart and every time Merrel replace them even when the boots were no longer made. One time they let him upgrade the boots to the next model up as log as they were not more than $50 more than the ones he had. We have bought full leather hiker as well as light weight hikers from Merrel.

Make sure to get a water bladder, a 3L is a good size. I am looking at new ones right now and make sure the hose has removable hose and have a large opening for filling. I recently one with a bladder pump so it lets you pressurize the bladder so you can squire water out of the hose which can in handy.
Appreciate 0