View Single Post
      01-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #80
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I think the “cutting the cord” phrase is a scam phrase coined by streaming companies who will ultimately screw you worse than TV providers. The whole industry is built on teaser rates that are actually a very stripped down version of what you’re paying for today.

By the time you actually get everything you want, you’ll want to kill yourself from hassle it took to get there and you’ll probably end up saving $2/month.
Pretty sure you're in the minority here. I was paying apprx $105 a month just for cable. Hundreds of channels I don't watch, horrible customer service, picture would constantly freeze, would have to reset the box almost daily. Plus my monthly rate increased every year. I bought a Firestick for $40 (one time purchase) and pay ~$55 a month for PSVue which has the 20 or so main channels I watch, plus I can play my Netflix and Amazon Prime through it and it has Alexa which is fun to play with. So I'm saving 50% and am much happier.