06-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #1564
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
I think Apple has to do a very innovative, different, cool, etc iPhone 5s/6. 4s and 5 were not good enough. If they disappoint with 5s/6, then I think they'll be in big trouble.

In a way, the iWatch doesn't need to be very profitable but it is important to show that Apple can still innovate. But then, if it is such an innovative product, it will have an effect on the market and hence it will sell a lot. Apple needs to give us the "next big thing".

iTV might be a big thing if it is done right. Easy to use flexible interface (with SIRI?) and ability to watch TV without cable might do the trick.
Apple’s run as a growth company has been over for at least a year now. They’ve never been innovative, they’ve simply taken current technology and improved upon it. Supplement that with their once phenomenal marketing and you had a real winner from around 2003-2012. Now that Android-based devices have come so far, there is less for Apple to improve upon.

In short, they need to work on MAINTAINING their market share and improving their profitability. I think it’s out of the question at this point to ask that they improve upon their market share.

For everyone that thinks I’m crazy: The iPhone was not the first smart phone, Siri is a technology that has been around since the early/mid 90s, Mp3 players were around long before the iPod, and “tablet” style PCs were available long before the introduction of the iPad. I could go on and on, but show me where/why I’m wrong on that.

Apple had a good run on top, but it’s over and it’s been over for several months now. They need to up their dividend over 4% and focus on becoming an income/dividend player.

Side note: I contribute Zoey Deschanel’s horrible dancing to part of the reason why Apple experienced a steady slide from $700+ down to $400.
Appreciate 0