View Single Post
      04-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #1129
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Haha, thanks man! It's been a lot of hard work, right now I'm at around 11.5% body fat. I would like to reach 9%, but I am pretty comfortable with where I am, at the moment. Will use this winter to really focus on bulking up, and changing my meal plans around. Looking at a 3500 daily caloric ceiling for this, and macronutrients are absolutely key in maintaining form.

I actually started out using home DVD routines to get a grasp on the types of routines I should be doing (P90X+, for reference) and it has seriously helped me a lot because I work out at home in my basement; excessive equipment is not required and the routines are quite strenuous and intensive.

I have 4 sets of dumbbells ranging from 20lbs-50lbs and dedicate Monday's and Fridays to upper body and core routines (hammer curls, deadlift curl press, shoulder flys, negative pull-ups, wide chin ups, etc), and Tuesdays and Thursdays I run an Intervals routine that encompasses 3 intensity levels of the same workout, 30 seconds apiece (jacks, burpees, run in place, etc), similar to plyometrics, which is jump training. Wednesdays is a total body ordeal, dumbells squats, push-ups, etc. Saturdays is.....wait for it...leg day. I think the key to everything is really just doing different things each day of the week. It will really fortify your basis.

Do you usually go to a gym or home gym?
I think it takes more dedication to work out at home than it does to work out at a gym, I can't work out at home at nearly the same intensity as I do at the gym. It sounds like your cardio is sort of like a crossfit style routine where you're getting into the aerobic zone while doing weights. That's what I do at home as well, sometimes with a jump rope, if I workout at home on a weekend because I'm too lazy to go to the gym.

I had been doing a routine that was arms / chest/ back/ shoulders/legs on consecutive days with 30-40 mins of stairclimber for everyday but after leg day, which was just 20-30 minutes of incline walking.

I started the "arnold ripped" or something work out this week, and it is slaughtering me. It's incredibly high set and rep, on tuesday it was 8x12 just for squats, yesterday was arms which was 4 supersets of 5+ x 15 and two drop sets on a couple of the excercises, incredibly punishing!

My legs are just finally recovering today.

I'm going to Jamaica in July and turning 30 in August, and I kind of want to be able to just take off my shirt and be like "this is what 30 looks like bitches, age is but a number!" so that's why I'm all intense about this.
Appreciate 0