Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Sounds like Rivian needs to do some software upgrades to R1S. Like they said R1T drives amazing. R1S could need some tweaks to address it's shorter wheelbase. Although other reviewers have fully tested R1S and had different feelings.

Rivian is the only company besides Rimac selling quad motor EV's. Leading the way in EV drivetrains. R1S also has air suspension with 9.5in to 14in of ground clearance. Active dampers and hydraulic roll stiffness.

Very little in the article about R1S quad motors and the 8 different drive modes, suspension settings...etc. What drive mode and/or suspension settings were they in during testing, they completely change the characteristics of the vehicle. They complained about the nose going skyward when launching the R1S. Tells me they were probably doing launches in normal mode with soft suspension. R1T and R1S best launches in sport mode and stiff suspension, you will get no nose lift. The R1S is setup to do everything including offroad, so there a large variable between suspension settings. Lackluster article to be honest.

Rivian has promise however they are cashed strapped, bleeding money and well can't deliver in a market that is new, overpriced, and workforce/part stressed so it's going to be rough. I think the review is fair, i have yet to see any bad review of the IX outside of looks and dislike of the lack of buttons.

This applies to all new EV startups... Rivians value is down 75%, so IDK is the SUV a rushed job to make sales. There are plenty of bad SUVs but how many bad pickups are on the market? A bad pickup in North America wont sell

If you test some ev's alone but test it next to something in the same class often you find faults.

90% of the suv market never goes of pavement... So the offroad is moot just as if they where to do a track test.
Appreciate 1