Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansn View Post
Just the fact that he is driving in B mode shows hes either not trying or does not know what hes doing. This car is so much more advanced than a Tesla, driving B mode is a stupid gimmick that this car does not need with the adaptive regen. Using it on the autobahn is just bad waste of energy.
I agree with your observations minus B mode. Not a gimmick, D with adaptive recuperation (not regeneration) is a transitionary way of allowing people that are used to drive ICE cars still get adequate regeneration, while they get used to EV’s. Also, D with adaptive recuperation is not a standard feature.

This is clearly a preference but “B mode” will slowly but surely become the only mode EV’s will be driven. If you reference the manual, B mode is defined as the gear mode with the highest energy recovery.

Even though you may be correct of how the YouTuber was driving, you can coast just fine on B mode. It’s muscle memory and you do it without making a conscious effort. I can’t imagine driving the i4 in other mode than B.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0