View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #123
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Man, reading that 3rdAndPike Twitter was cracking me. I was in Seattle for a few days after Christmas for the first time, stayed at the W Downtown and did a lot of touristy stuff as well as tried to find as many local places as possible to eat/drink at. A couple observations:

1. What the hell are all the homeless people on? Synthetic weed? They all acted the same (crazy, angry, ranting, etc). It was endless entertainment as long as they didn't focus their attention on you haha

2. I was told the people weren't very friendly (compared to Texas) but I didn't see that in all honesty. They weren't quite as talkative as people here in Houston but everyone I spoke to was polite, helpful, etc

3. I loved the weather. I'm sure the number of rainy days does get old but it's a very different rain from Houston so I didn't mind it. Seattle gets more days of rain than here but I think we nearly double the average amount each year. Cold weather is my favorite too

4. Absolutely beautiful scenery everywhere and pretty much an endless amount of outdoor things to do (rain or shine)

5. Traffic sucked but I'm from Houston so I'm used to it

6. It was definitely more expensive than Houston but that comes with the territory of having that type of scenery and everything else that comes with it. High demand = high prices.

7. Seattle has probably the coolest public library I've ever seen. I was in heaven in there. Super jealous.
Appreciate 0