View Single Post
      08-23-2020, 10:44 PM   #43
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGT3 View Post
Finally took possession of a 2020 Taycan turbo after 8 months of waiting. It's sitting side by side in my garage along with the i8 (i8 is more stunning, with a lower and wider profile). While the Porsche is extremely quick off the line and beyond, all the while as if it handles on rails, it does not take away my fondness for the i8.

While it may not possess the snap acceleration and power of the Taycan Turbo, the i8, in contrast, has a lower supercar stance and is a lot more exhilarating to drive. Besides that, the i8's GT ride; great handling; everyday drivability; absurdly low gas mileage; notable reliability (in comparison to supercars), and low maintenance places it in an enviable class of its own. Perhaps that's why I would be hard put to replace it with another vehicle. The i8 is a keeper, that is if they don't come out with its better iteration.
Congratulations, great car. I love the looks, especially the front which distinguishes it from all other Porsches. I took a Taycan Turbo for a test drive about a month ago and was very impressed. My first reaction was “I want one”. Interesting that you mention the GT ride of the i8 because I found the Taycan’s ride even in Sport Plus more compliant than the i8 in comfort. That really surprised me. The acceleration is fierce, but after I got back in the i8, it didn’t suffer as much as I thought it would by comparison. I still really enjoy the i8, but I am sorely tempted by the Taycan. I would also pick the Turbo over the Turbo S. Unles I am wrong, the only time you get the extra horsepower of the S is at launch. I have owned 3 cars with launch control and have never once used it.
Appreciate 0