View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
FWIW, I gladly paid the local dealer a smidge over $300 for the scheduled two-year brake fluid change and inspection less than two weeks after bringing my new-to-me i3 BEV home last month. Since I have never owned a BMW before and have more than a year of my factory warranty left, I wanted to go in and introduce myself to the local BMW dealership's service advisors...and let them know that any rumors they've ever heard about me from other dealerships are probably true.

We all know that those scheduled dealership gazillion-point inspections are nothing more than getting a vehicle owner to pay them to look for repair jobs to sell. Having just purchased the car, I consider it money well spent for them to tell me that the only problem they could find was that the rear tires will need to be replaced soon. As an added bonus, there are now dealer maintenance records in my name should anything break before the warranty runs out and they try to say that I was negligent in my scheduled services/inspections.....