View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #144
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Anyone dealt with patellar femoral syndrome and plantar fasciitis?
I've had both.
(I've been running for many years and have always recovered form an injury that hindered my running)

For my plantar fasciitis I'm guessing it was a pair of very soft Nike running shoes that contributed. Took time off, maybe used my bike and it cleared and has never resurfaced. Calf raises I do often because I think that is preventative.

For knee cap pain I've had quite a few episodes. Some took a few months to recover some took as short as a day to recover. I think/guess my weightlifting routine may have had been a factor and I think too many long runs and not enough rest played a roll. One episode was severe enough that I had an MRI done (radiologist supposedly saw cartilage floating) and there was talk of surgery if I wanted. But I rested, walked and progressed to walking with a weighted vest and within (I think) six-months I was back running. There was a time when my knee pain was so bad I couldn't walk without difficulty and walking down steps may have been tough (my memory fails)

So rest then walking then stretching: manipulating the knee and hips then weighted exercise: calf raises, leg extensions(-individual legs, low weight) .

Presently I'm running half-marathon distances, very steep hills and doing at times squatting half my body weight (which I'm doubting I'll ever go back to twice bodyweight just as preventive at this point in my life)

My girlfriend rehabs some very accomplished professional athletes and I did not like or I was so injured I couldn't use her techniques for patellar work.

So I encourage someone to assess their own situation, rest from activities that create the hurt and think positive and never accept that an injury will end what you look to do.
Appreciate 1
Mingwan1891.00