View Single Post
      04-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #833
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

NSX Foibles

About twenty years ago, I was stopped at the light at La Cienega and Melrose in my Black 1997 NSX-T. License plate XTNSHN. I had two people in the passenger seat. When the light changed, I dumped the clutch and in a sliding and screaming, blue-smoking burn out, usurped the right of way of all of the cars coming towards me, and turned left onto Melrose. I left about 150 feet of ‘S’ tracks and there was so much smoke behind me that I didn’t notice the LA County Sheriff with full lights and siren behind me for two blocks, by which time I’d slowed down to about 70.

I pulled over immediately and stuck my wrists out of the window, with my license and registration held together so that the sheriff could go ahead and cuff me right away. He stood there staring at me for a moment, looked at the two passengers crammed into the single seat, took a breath, and started screaming at me. “I don’t even know where to start with you! You broke so many laws that I couldn’t even fit them on a ticket! And don’t try to deny anything!”

This went on for about two minutes. When he finally ran out of steam and said ‘Put your hands back in the car, you look ridiculous,’ I said. “You’re absolutely right. I have no defense for my behavior. I was just showing off for my two friends, I was a complete idiot. I admit everything and am at your mercy.”

He stared at me for what seemed like a minute, but was probably just a few seconds, and then said: “Go home. Go straight home. One of your friends will have to walk. If I ever catch you even one mile over the limit...”

And that was that. I have no idea why he decided to give me a break, but I sure am glad he did. Perhaps honesty is the best policy.

I haven’t had a sports car for years, but am thinking of getting a C8 Corvette. I figure I’ll get into less trouble now that I am a bit older. Lol!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24817.00
MKSixer34171.50