View Single Post
      06-08-2021, 09:14 AM   #27
MikeMercier95
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

I was at Gillette as well for the UDE and also got to take a good look at the iX. I work for the local dealer to where the event was, and was excited to see what my thoughts were. It's about the size of a X5, but with the roof height of a X3. Great proportions!

Being a MASSIVE BME fanboy, I have to say that it is a lot less offensive in person. This is a new avenue for BMW entering the electric car world and while yes it doesn't stay true to the roots of BMW design, I decided to look at this car in a new way:

Electric cars are being built to look more futuristic and different from their gasoline powered counterparts. Lok at the Mercedes EQS! That thing shares no resemblance to its gasoline S-Class counterpart. BMW will continue making cars that stay true to the brand, the upcoming 2 Series Coupe is a prime example. However, BMW needs to make their electric cars stand out while carrying over brand identity. I think in that regards the iX is spot on! Yes the grille is massive, but it does serve a function. The rest of the car is Gorgeous especially in the Aventurine Red over Castanea interior that was at the UDE. The interior looks like it has one of the nicest interiors of any BMW as well! The materials looked expensive, especially all the crystal this particular car had.

Overall, now having seen the iX I think this is gonna be a great hit and BMW will sell lots of them. While it may not be the BMW we all know and love, I feel confident they will continue to stay firm to their roots with their regular model range, and keep the i brand its own identity, just like the i8 and i3 did!
Appreciate 0