Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post

i love a good BLT though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Is that a euphemism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
I was more going on the initials... BJ, BLT ? c’mon, there’s gotta be something lewd we can turn that into...
Well, if you sound BLT out phonetically, sounds a little like blot, which sounds a little like thot....but that's a leap. Can't help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Alright gentlemen, I need your help. I posted in the annoying things at the gym thread and as I typed I realized I need to put it up here to get opinions.

The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.

I see you've wisely decided to consult the therapists in OT, rather than rely strictly on the subforums that some of us rarely visit if at all. Excellent decision.

So as I understand it, the situation is as follows:
When she has her kids, not really a huge issue (because you go without her), but you are rushing to work out, eat, see her, and get back to bed. But it sounds like these weeks aren't really the problem, aside from it being hectic.

When she doesn't have her kids, it takes her 3 hours to get from her work, to her place, change, and then get over to your place and then you leave for the gym. This then leaves very little time for your workout and causes you to eat late after the workout as well.

Potential solution:
Since she isn't actually at your place until 3 hours after she gets off work...and therefore has no idea where you are, have you considered the following:
Working out at your leisure immediately after work, but not telling her.
Then, since it sounds like in the past you typically wind up making dinner for her anyways most nights, make dinner as soon as you get back from working out (should still have plenty of time before she gets there), and tell her if she wants to go to the gym that late, the new policy is you have to eat before you go
Then you both go to the gym (you for the second time), but you are only there to spend time with her...which is also why she theoretically is there...and you leave when she's ready. Maybe you make her wait an extra 15 min the first week, extra 10 the next, 5 the next and so on to pare it down gradually so as not to make her ask questions.

She'd be happy and none the wiser, and you'd be working out and eating before and happy too.

This is a bandaid solution to the current problem, but you already know this lack of motivation in the long run will cause issues.
Appreciate 2