06-19-2020, 12:59 PM   #17
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsgarageonline View Post
I finally found a road surface and a low humidity day to get my best 0 to 60 time on this tune with no wheel spin. In launch control, I was able to achieve SUB 4 seconds and measured 1G of force shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. I was using a Dragy to measure the performance. Link is in the description of the video if you want one.

The tune added 11HP and 3ft-lbs of Torque, which is minuscule. The tuner said that it was tuned in order to allow the mid-engine to come in with more power than the i8 is programmed to, at low RPM. That's because the i8 was tuned for efficiency and low emissions from the factory. Taking advantage of the electric motor, and having the mid-engine intentionally delayed, is what he changed.

This tune is currently not for sale. The tuner is testing it based on the seat of the pants feel and engine feedback from his performance measurements and will likely be making tweaks and changes. I was the first to dyno test and road test his tune. This is the map file that I had flashed to the car towards the end of the dyno pulls in the dyno video. He may market it in the future, but I'm not sure. His contact information is in the video:

Great Video Pat. THANKS!
Appreciate 0