View Single Post
      06-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #22
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Imo you shouldn't really mess with the i8 tune.

It's set up to coordinate the AWD and transistion power from front to rear smoothly. You mess with it you'll not really do much but ruin the balance.

I'm just going to remind you this car was developed by the Sauber F1 guys literally as soon as BMW pulled from F1. And in motorsport hybrids are good for pulling cars out of corners with fwd and then transitioning to ICE down a straight.

The other consideration is this car is meant to be GREEN fun. It's green first and fun second. You want a faster car you need to drop the bicycle tires and tighten the dampers. It's set up like a 550i. Highway comfort. Ironic given the mid engine car but it is what it is.

Last problem is the battery is too small for a 20 min track session. So it's fast for 1 minutes and then turns into a heavy and expensive Mini Cooper.

I'm sorry I just don't recommend throwing money at this. BMW is good at making cars go fast reliably AND they have the facilities and budget and Nurburgring to test and figure it out. Some guy in his garage isn't going to do anything worth much with this car. It's not a civic, it's way more complex and decisions on power aren't simple.

I love the i8 and I want one, but if you wanted a mid engine fast machine get an R8 you know? It's just not designed to be that.
Appreciate 0