View Single Post
      05-15-2022, 08:56 PM   #3
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
I'm not fine - but will tolerate - losing passenger lumbar delete. Known on ordering. I'm not fine losing the hands-free tailgate either, which I also use all the time. It's a $100k plus car. Would it make me walk away? A coin-toss right now. Would losing anything else, including B&W? In a heartbeat. I just built a fully-equipped RR Sport hybrid with all of those equivalent features, for about $110k. And a very nice hybrid. I would preferentially get one any day of the week over the 45e. I can get a well-optioned full-up RR PHEV for less than $120k. Probably take awhile to build, but my dealership services and sells RR as well as BMW and Jaguar. I can build a Taycan for what I want on it for $130k. I can build an Audi eTron with more than what BMW would leave me with if all the projected deletions hit, but with substantially less range (250-ish), that I actually might be able to live with more - for about $20k less. I can wait. BMW is not the only piscene occupant of the increasingly vast EV/PHEV pelagic realm.

I have no loyalty to any particular brand or model. My dealership matters more to me than a logo, and is more personal - and I've had poor and good experiences from virtually every corporate entity selling luxury cars. I understand the current market's volatility and resource constraints, and the corporate necessity to accommodate to survive. How they do that is obviously up to them. I buy a particular car from a particular manufacturer because it offers me what I want at a price I consider fair, with good pre- and after-sale support. If any part of that gentleman's agreement fails, I no longer have a reason to send them my business. BMW is approaching that boundary.
Appreciate 0