09-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #127
Donibm
Emperor X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMX X5 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg E90 View Post
I really don't know why anyone would by this besides the design. Power wise it sucks at 231 HP even with its light weight a 1.5 is still small. And if you can afford a +$100,000 car you wouldn't give 2 shits about fuel economy so the whole hybrid thing is pointless. For 130k i would have expect the same design with A LOT of power around M5 or M6 standards with a small electric engine for some hybrid features, but definitely not an amazing design with a POS engine and features, i dont care if it has LED or laser headlights, what use is that for when you look fast but can get smoked by V6 mutang or camaro
Not sure I'm following you.

Even the outpout performance of the Tesla is dependent on its battery. And this article is about STARTING costs. Do we know if there are different battery options? Cause that Tesla can do 0-60 in about 4.2, if you get the high end battery.

Even R/C cars perform better with better batteries. In life sized cars, the principles remain the same. Put an average battery in a car, you get average performance. Put a high performance battery in, and you get longer mileage and higher, noticeable performance.

It's all about the BATTERY, and I'm sorry, but I believe the Ford and Camero would have a hard time keeping pace. The Shelby's brakes are horrendous (dangerously inadequate when hot) and the rate that the oil gets hot is a major concern. The Camero is as heavy as a Russian WW1 tank.

And there are a lot of people who have the money and would buy this car, even if its to "show face", even if its PRETENDING to care about the environment. Still, I don't think people will buy it for the environment, but instead because its new and fresh and they WANT it.

I'm in S. Florida. I'd buy it. Why? Because I LIKE it, and in S. Florida, a Lambo and Ferar come a dime a dozen. The i3 will definitely stand out. Plus, I'm a little bit of a BMW "fanboy."

It may be "who goes fastest" to the younger crowd, but the more mature buyer know that "fast" means carelessness, jail-time, fines, loss of control and perhaps death for yourself and someone else. So, that is not a consideration. What is more important to the more seasoned and mature buyer, is USABLE POWER. Aint no one actually using the power of a M cars. Its a car on the road with wasted power - unused. It's the BADGE that you buy, and a lot of people will want the i3 BADGE.

I like it. But, I'd still get a 760Li over any other BMW. To me, it's still the KING of all BMWs.

Mufasa isn't a name ... but it's AWESOME!
Appreciate 0