Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
For those that have done it, two questions:

Are the shifts harder? I know it's a lot of stress and under full load, but just curious if it's significantly more harsh for other folks.

Do you break loose on the 1-2 shift a little? The couple times I tried, it did. I'm hoping the 9/10 wheel setup will give it the grip it needs.
Ok so I tried it a bunch of times yesterday.

The bad news is that for me it comes on only once in maybe four or five tries. Maybe there is a cool down requirement so you can't keep launching.

Technique is like others said. Sport Mode with one quick press of the DSC button to engage sport traction. Hold down brake while at the same time press throttle to the floor to engage the kick down button and release brake. The brake-throttle action needs to be carried out in a quick fluid flow.

First gear chirps but it doesn't chirp on the 1-2 shift. What is interesting is that the car shifts at only 5,000 rpm on the 1-2 shift. Obviously because that's the fastest way to drive it. Anything over 5,000 rpm is painfully slow in this car.

I had the vbox in the car but the data is probably not great because i did my launches around my house and there are no level streets anywhere. Generally without LC my 0-60s were mid 4's and the couple times LC was engaged it was 4.1. Once it was 3.8 but pretty sure it was downhill a few degrees so not a good run. I need to try this again on a flat surface.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0