United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis_BE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Do you miss the apps, Netflix etc ?
No I don’t it’s the map / route planner that I miss dearly, granted it’s for long trips only, but that it’s so poor, is really something I did not expect.
Yes I can use ABRP + CarPlay to have almost the same experience as Tesla but there is no integration with the car so live SOC / consumption and battery pre conditioning are not happening.

I did plan a 1000km route, and the BMW navigation was 1 hour longer then if I would optimisme myself via ABRP. It stopped after the first 140 km at a 50Kw dc charger for over an hour of charging ???!!! There was 350 kw HPC at 5 km away …
I don't want to go OT but this is exactly the sort of thing that would make people dislike EVs - if they don't know better, they'd assume that BMW knows best and would accept that extra, futile charge time.

For all the battery tech and iD8 features, the ability to plan a long journey effectively is key and this is where BMW is severely lacking.

Is this something that will improved with iD8 or do we need to wait for iD9.

Even using CarPlay isn't a better option as until Apple releases the next-gen AND manufacturers support it, you still won't get SoC data shared from the car to CarPlay.
Appreciate 0