12-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #22
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Were there any other details that you received at the Munich event in response to your questions that you can share with us now? I know you had a list of hoped for improvements, some of which have been addressed in the recent press release, but perhaps there are others that were not as significant but might be meaningful to the i8 community.
It's pretty much what was in the press release, and my comments above.

I agree with Skinrock's comments too.

I'd add that there is no point buying the new model for the performance. An ECU tune to the ICE, and better wheels/tyres will increase performance much more on the current i8.

The 12bhp increase on the new model is down to the increased battery output, in line with comments I originally made. Both new models are heavier, but the coupe only very slightly.

New standard wheels look rubbish to be honest, although they are lighter. But buyers will opt for better ones anyway.

Seats are excellent, and have 2 memory presets (thanks to our complaints). Very comfortable too.

Space behind seats in Roadster is a but of a fudge. Rear seats in coupe give far more storage space.

Central display and the dash are newer versions and higher resolution. The lack of gear indication in HUD is resolved, with the shift lights (thanks to our complaints).

Soft top is pretty good, and I didn't feel I wanted a (heavier) hard top.

Bottom line again is that BMW got the original i8 so very right So little is changed.
Appreciate 0