United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Although I know you said no snow, I just moved to Boise, ID last month and I LOVE IT... Low cost of living, I happen to like cold weather, I don't like humidity at all, and no stupid laws, including the straw that broke the camel's back: My new gig pays a huge crapload and I'm making the most money I've made in 10 years, but I'm a 1099 contractor and CA Assembly Bill 5 screwed that one up for me.
Question: Are you really making the most money, or just the highest hourly rate?

No longer having corporate sponsored healthcare, 401k match, ESPP, paid vacation and sick leave, etc, to truly take home more money I'd probably need a contractor rate approaching $90/hr.

Also, we have some friends that live in Boise and love it. We need to go visit.
$300 a day for 80% of the time, about 3-4 hours of work (for the 20% chance it does exceed 8 then it's $600). I only plan to do this for about 6 months before I get back the the W-2 realm; I can't do this line of work forever.

I only intend for this to be a fast track to catching up to where a 34 year-old guy like myself should be in life... Having a house, settling down and having a bit of savings, instead of renting a spare bedroom and not even having a rainy day fund).

Also, before this I was mostly a temp, so I either never got those benefits or were able to afford them anyway.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0