View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #92
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

It's interesting re-reading this thread, going back 2+ months. Seems we haven't hit the "doom and gloom" that some predicted, but that doesn't mean the worst isn't yet to come.

Regardless, super interesting to me to see how various perspectives on this thread have played out. We're only two months in and have many more to go, but let's hope that this is about as bad as it'll get. Either way...not seeing those fire sales on Ferrari's and Rolexes that some predicted too bad because I wouldn't have minded being a buyer at the right price.

I'm actually most cautious to see how this impacts the real-estate market for years (forever?) to come. If X% of companies decide to shift to WFH, staggered work weeks etc. will major cities continue to see the demand and appreciation of decades past or is the landscape forever changed? Will high-density areas like NYC be taboo for many folks for the coming years? Worrying about toys (cars, watches) is one thing but many folks have the majority of their livelihood sunk into housing.