01-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #59
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Regardless of how you feel on it, I have to imagine we'd all agree that drug addicted Americans are a gigantic problem in all of this. If it wasn't for the need to fuel their self destructive degenerate actions, we wouldn't have the horrors that come along with the drug trade.

Legalize it, tax the crap out of it, and if people want to throw their lives away in a drug induced haze go right ahead.
This is something we can agree on, but also a reason I don't' think the wall will be effective in stemming the flow of drugs (or illegal guns etc). The US has spent over a trillion dollars going on 4 decades now to fight the "War on Drugs" and they are as prevalent as ever. So are the problems created by them. As long as there's a huge market here for drugs, I don't see a wall stopping this. If the DEA/US government thought it would, I would think a complete wall solution would've come up long ago.

Also, as long as a much better life is available here in the US, it won't stop people trying to get out of the hellish situations to get here.