01-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #253
tracer bullet
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Yet people still try and argue a physical barrier is not an impediment. This foolish argument makes me feel dumb just by engaging in it.
Some may argue this, but I don't think it's most, most think there are simply better uses of the money. This feels like other arguments being reframed so they can be more easily dismissed. You may disagree that there are better uses for the money, and that's fine, but don't lose sight of what is being argued about (correct or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Because liberals
Because conservatives and logical fallacies ??? And yes we all do it at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Crime is seriously underreported in the immigrant community in general and the illegal immigrant community specifically. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY TO KNOW WHAT THE ACTUAL CRIME RATE IS IN THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY SINCE THEY DON'T REPORT IT.

The utter inability to put multiple data points, especially those which are directly conflicting together to form a cogent and informed decision is astounding. The data is out there. Why are people willfully ignoring it?!?!!
Huh, you know for certain that crime is under reported, then say there's no way to know what it is, then say there is data is out there? That feels like a bit of bouncing around. Should we just agree that we don't know if illegals commit mroe or less crime than anyone else and leave it at that? Or do you actually have data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Democrats are asking for universal health care, fixing our school system, better wages for lower class workers, fixing the environment etc... Yet they won't really address the one issue that makes the above nearly impossible to do and that is illegal immigration.
Wow, so now the wall can fix the health care system, schools, wages, AND the environment? Wow! Holy cow, if only everyone knew what you just discovered, everything would be solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Because dems base their policy on hope and feels instead of results and benefit to society.
Funny, even the conservative leaning Cato institute said the wall won't work, so is it anything other than hopes and feels that have some conservatives still clamoring for it?

I posted the info several times already, but the DHS is asking for... I think it was 1.6 billion... for border security for 2019. Let's agree to give them that, and get this whole thing behind us.
minn196907.00