View Single Post
      06-12-2020, 01:06 AM   #5
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Hey everyone, thanks for this info. I work for a car shopping platform that allows people to search cars at the "window sticker" or "build sheet" level and I needed to figure out something regarding the i8 colors. For our upcoming test launch, we only have new BMW inventory, but we have it for the entire United States (every new BMW at every dealer) and every color, interior, package, and option should be searchable if we do our job.

Anyway, for anyone interested, the BMW order guide for the 2020 i8 shows paint code 490 (Special Order Color) as a standard color, but it doesn't list Donington Grey anywhere. While the BMWUSA "Build and Price" tool shows Donington Grey as a standard color on both the Coupe and Roadster. All the other colors match up between the order guide and "Build and Price" tool except 490 <> Donington Grey.

As far as I know, there's only one Donington Grey i8 for sale in the United States as of June 11, 2020. It shows up in our data and even on the dealer's website with paint code 490. I called the dealer (Rusnak BMW in SoCal) and they confirmed it's Donington Grey. The VIN is VINWBY2Z4C00L7F71437.
Appreciate 0