View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 06:32 AM   #707
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post
Not sure how this is relevant to the current conversation. I am in no way bashing law enforcement but in any occupation there will always be good and bad workers.

Hypothetical...cop t bones me at an intersection as he is cruising over the speed limit on the wrong side of road going towards oncoming traffic.

Who's at fault?
The Police are governed by the rules of the road the same as every other vehicle and driver on the road. They have some exemption with respect to red lights and speeding, but they are also required to do so safely. So here in Ontario Police, Fire and EMS can go through a red light, but only after they stop and proceed when it's safe to do so, they can also drive in access of the speed limit. If the police are involved in a collision they are investigated and all of those rules are applied, or ought to be. When I worked in Toronto, the number of collisions that involved scout cars would shock you....most not the officers faults but often they were. On average, every single marked car was involved in a collision every year.

They are on the road 24/7/365 and are likely driven about 50-60,000 kilometres a year.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24809.50
xander_g962.50