View Single Post
      11-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #29
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaeyeguy View Post
The wireless is still faster than if you connect to the USB port in the car. Not sure why that port is exceptionally slow. That lighter port in the armrest is virtually useless since you can't put a usb charger in there and plug a wire into it and close the arm rest. So, the only option is the lighter port under the glove compartment.
That might be true if you connect to the built-in USB port... The onboard USB ports provide very little power (0.5A?) and are best used as a place to plug in a Thumb Drive with your music on it.

However, you're going to use a 12V port whether you connect a wireless charger or a full power USB charger. The USB charger plugged into that very same 12V port is going to charge your phone 3 times faster than the wireless charger!

Also, if you are running a high power app like Waze, a wireless charger won't even keep up with the power demand much less than charge your phone. Waze actually will draw more power from your phone than a wireless charger can provide. (Ask me how I know).
Appreciate 0