View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 06:33 PM   #6
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
You have to try it if given the chance. He is young, he can also come back to Indycar and dominate.
But is that beneficial to his career?
It's very rare in F1 to get decent points in the first 1 or 2 years, as getting a place within a top team as a newcomer is very very rare.
Wouldn't he then just confirm the stigma that US drivers generally don't do well in F1? (the arguably only succesful performer of the last half century being Mario Andretti)

If a driver goes to the F1 scene with the opinion/attitude that he can always go back to indycar instead of going to the F1 scene as that being the highest goal achievable, I wonder if that would make a good material in F1.

The only exception was imo Jacques Villeneuve (obviously not American), he immediately started in then top team Williams, coming out of indy car series.
But Alfa Romeo is of cours far from a top team currently.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1