View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 11:37 PM   #9
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
He is 21. He can literally go spend however many years in F1 and come home to race in Indycar for decades more. Helio is 46 years old and just signed for a full Indycar season next year.
Sure but that probably means that he should be spending probably at least 3-5 years in F1 to become really succesful.
Going back to indycars can indeed be done on high age; lots of aged/retired F1 drivers went to indycar and became succesful immediately.

But with the F1 adventure: I mean I don't think it was beneficial for example how Michael Andretti did it. When he came to F1 he already had a very succesful indycar career and was brought to F1 as a 'star', but during the less than 2 years in F1 he was largely outclassed imo. I wasn't impressed back then at least, concluding (maybe hastily, but information was back then not as easy on our fingertips as it is now) that indycar certainly wasn't F1 from a drivers pov.

This page (from mclaren nontheless) pretty much gives the feeling I also had about Michael Andretti's "F1 adventure", a big fail.
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/herit...hael-andretti/
Luckily if Herta comes to Alfa, he can learn 1st hand on what to look out for.

As far as learning from Bottas....
He is a driver that is demoted from the best team to the 2nd worst team.
From a team that has currently 433 WDC points to a team that has currently 7 WDC points.
Alfa Romeo just isn't a competitive team, not by a long shot.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50