View Single Post
      12-21-2021, 08:24 AM   #46
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Meh, I disagree. You should be able to fit 4 each 6' tall people in a sedan of this length. My Model 3, which is shorter, has more rear headroom. Hell, my GTi did. And so did my Lexus GS 350.

I was really looking at an i4 with great enthusiasm. However, this is a major deal breaker. My son is 5'11". The i4 would have been my daily driver, and I don't use mine for long trips with the family. That is why we have an SUV. But we live 30 minutes outside of Houston and regularly make trips into town. With this car, I don't think even that would be comfortable. To me it seems like the i4 (and also the 4GC) is barely more comfortable than a 4 series Coupe. Which makes this form factor useless, IMO.

I get it that it works for your use case. But the whole point of buying a 4 door vehicle is that I'm using the 4 doors often. I guess if BMW made a full sedan version of this vehicle based on the 3 series, then my point would be moot as I could buy that. But they don't. They only make the iX. So if I want an EV from BMW capable of holding 4 full sized people, i'm forced into the "SUV" form factor and considerably higher cost.

Yeah, this is a big miss. It literally eliminated the i4 from my list to replace my Model 3 Performance.
By the same token, a Model 3 is off my list because it is not a hatchback. I once carried a 40 gal electric water heater in my i3s, which could not be done in a regular sedan. I have a 10yr old daughter who will be plenty satisfied in the i4 back seat. Compared to my $77k i4, the Tesla would have been the cheaper and quicker alternative to get. But the BMW is the no brainer, especially if you want HUD, laser lights, a full cluster, etc, in a 500 HP 4 door non SUV EV for much less than a comparable Taycan/Audi.
Appreciate 0