BMW M Power Mexico
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E60M5,E821M,F15X5V8

BMW Car Club México @ México City's Gran Premio Histórico

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Last weekend the ¨Gran Premio Histórico de la Ciudad de México¨ was held at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodriguez (our local F1 track).

For the first time, we at the BMW Car Club de Mexico were invited to participate. The event is usually restricted to classic cars, which here means at least 35 years old. However, this year an exception was made for BMW as part of its 100 years celebration. So, a special heat was reserved open to all BMWs from club members regardless of age.

We had a nice contingent including a couple of M1s (the REAL M1s , 3 E30 M3s in mint condition and many other interesting cars. The older BMWs were eligible also for other events throughout the day open to other classic cars.

I entered in my oldest, which isn’t that old, my ’05 E46 M3 that I’ve had since new. Had a lot of fun in the BMW open heat. It had been a while since I tracked the E46 since these days I’ve mostly retired it from track duty.

Categories for the historic “races” in the afternoon were one for 4 cylinders and another one for 6&8 cylinders. The E30 M3s however were deemed “too fast” for the 4 cylinder category and were later allowed to dice it with the larger-engined cars. Tells you something about when BMW used to punch above its weight! Our club president’s E30 arrived 1st in the 4 cylinder race and 4th out of a very large field in the 6&8 cylinders race.

Here are a few photos of the event:

Beyond BMWs there were a lot of interesting cars there as well of course. Tons of Porsches as usual but other brands were well represented as well.

I have to confess I have some love for these little Renaults…..my dad used to own a few back in the day…

Cobra!

One of many

More VWs….

‘Merica!

Datsun

Overall it was a fantastic event with great organization. Very nice way to spend a Sunday as an enthusiast. Hope you enjoyed this brief report!

Last edited by BMW M Power Mexico; 06-17-2017 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 15
yousefnjr6157.50
ORIGIN M.3159.50
BM235iW97.00
Beartato881.50
1M Tex240.00
Tuscan224.50
MSCD3186.00
M3 n X5M171.50
SPJR34.00
JP-1M171.00
M Heart120.50