View Single Post
      04-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

In a way, but not completely, the (next?) software update for the i3 in the USA will address it. IF you put in a route, it will evaluate the terrain information in the navigation system's maps, and turn it on earlier if it detects it would be needed to maintain performance. Personally, I do not see the i3 as a total replacement for an ICE, even with the REx. Certainly, some try to use it that way, but the limitations, to me anyways, are just not worth it. With that in mind, and since the car was designed as a city vehicle, I do not see the big pressure to change things.

Unless CARB changes their rules, or BMW choses not to take the credits, they have to walk a fine line to maintain them. Otherwise, many of the ICE vehicles they sell will need to have raised prices, or, they'd have to raise the price on the i3 by a lot to compensate that loss. Given that the sales volume of the i3 isn't huge compared to other ICE models, that would IMHO, push the i3 out of the budget for many.

The car, as being sold in the USA, performs as is being advertised. The initial press, prior to final release in the USA, implied otherwise, but since actual official release, it is what they said it was and people are getting what was advertised. Wanting more may not make it happen.
Appreciate 0