View Single Post
      08-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #241
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Merc are absolutely deserving, Lewis is historically great. I can appreciate the excellence.

My issue is just them opting to not challenge HAM with a teammate. Like I said, what's the downside?

In fairness, I think Ferrari are setting up for the same with Sainz vs. (#1) Leclerc.

Red Bull seem to be the only ones interested in finding someone on par with Max. They just can't find anyone.
i guess its partially because of "the trauma" from Rosberg times cause it was more or less the same people was in that team clashing times as well.. and when you think about clashing team mates like Senna-Prost, Webber-Vettel, Leclerc-Vettel (they touched again btw) and many more generally nothing comes good out of these battles for the team itself.. and im not sure Bottas can keep up with Lewis this year anyway though.. yes there some tracks that Bottas is stronger but i guess its like 5-10% of the whole calendar.. and as i ve said this f tire preserving thing makes things even more complicated really.. covering up the pace difference with higher power mode is like a dirty sin with these tires!!
and im not sure mode change ban can change this too much cause in the end there ll be tire preserving again.. i believe teams can come up with a combo map setting different power levels on higher revs etc but these tires will stay...