12-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Mosaud1998
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
How many of you have gone to college? Was it worth it?

I am 22 years old currently working in the automotive industry (selling cars) and also attending my local community college. I am thinking about transferring over to a 4-year university after the spring semester is over (5/2021) and pursuing a Bachelors's degree in information and decision science. With what's going on, I am not sure if a college education really is worth all that money, effort, or stress. The 4-year university will roughly cost me $31k for two years and that's not including rent and other fees. I am not too confident about how the job market will look in 3 years or how the economy will be because of the pandemic. I am kind of stuck between keeping my sales job and potentially moving into a management position after a few years or quitting, going to the 4-year university, and risk not getting a job after graduating. I really enjoy my job but my parents (Asian parents) want me to go to school and get an education even though I made a decent amount of money my first year at Kia (made around $55k). I know $55k isn't a lot of money if I had a family, mortgage, and whatnot but for a 22 year old, that's a lot IMO. I am the youngest salesperson there behind the Finance manager that is 25 years old and makes about $80k-$100k/year (depending on how many extra things he sells like warranty, protection, and maintenance packages). I am hearing he might get promoted to the General Sales Manager position since the original GSM got fired.
Appreciate 0