2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
I purchased a home where previous owner had a Sonos system installed. They took all speakers and left an bridge and a connect. I added 10 play one speakers and 4 play 5 speakers, 2 move and 2 subs. Everything was working beautifully.

Then 3 months ago things starting getting laggy. Buggy and non responsive. I can eventually get it running but it's a pita.

Call Sonos and they tell me my system has 2 non supported devices that may be causing the issue. I explained that everything was working perfectly before and
Nothing Sonos was changed. They said the updates that they pushed are for the new products and basically no thought about Old products. I'm not happy but I go to Best Buy and get a port to replace the connect and a boost to replace the bridge. Come home read the instructions and install both.

Problem is better but not as good as before but. Just in case anyone is having similar issues check for old products.

I'm using Apple Music , pandora and Spotify as services bc my family each has their own favorites. It seems that the Apple Music runs best. The other 2 are still hit and miss. For example the Spotify interface does not allow for which speakers you can choose line the apple sonos interface.

A call to Sonos tech support is brutal as the person you speak to does not speak enough English to understand my issue let alone solve it. I'm off today so perhaps I'll take another stab at it.

Anyone else.
I'll just say that if you had a qualified professional DESIGN and install your distributed audio solution, then you'd just call them and they'd be responsible for making it work as promised. Then again, perhaps the pro would have designed a more robust solution instead of the DIY consumer crap that your dealing with. 16 zones deserves a real professional solution, and not tabletop WiFi speakers.

Just saying.

SONOS is a good tool for smaller systems that are 8 zones or less. Sure, you can build a big SONOS system but I wouldn't trust that in my home. Who the hell wants to chase stupid bugs like this?