09-14-2020, 09:07 PM   #15
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I agree, to a point. We had a professional design and install the AV in our home theater 9 years ago. It cost about 13x as much for that one room where sound and picture quality was really important, than it did to just be able to have music through the rest of the house using consumer friendly Sonos.

After 9 years, I'd say our home theater is pretty outdated and could use an upgrade, plus it's much fussier and fiddlier trying to get perfect settings than the main tv we watch with our arc.

Like everything though, professional is the way to go if it's really important to have the best. I just want to watch a movie with decent sound and hear songs
We also paid a lot of money for a professional who promptly told us he was moving out of state a couple of weeks after he was done. As issues arose (changes to components, changes to DirecTV, etc.), I’ve had to figure things out on my own as other professionals we called for help didn’t want to fiddle with someone else’s work unless they were selling something or uninstalling and reinstalling everything to make it worth their time. I’ll pass on professionals and anything I can’t figure out how to install and maintain myself, but I get why someone with an unconstrained budget would use one.
wrickem2101.00