04-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #16
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasH View Post
Just to add to the weight discussion, UK original i3 BEV is 1,195kg. Which is what I have. USA i3 is heavier btw.

Why does weight matter? Not just for range, but much more for handling and acceleration

Bolt is a tub of lard by comparison
It weighs less than some E90 models and is slightly larger by volumetric measurements. And as I pointed out, the virtual i3 with an equivalent capacity 60kWh battery weighs just 204 pounds less than the Bolt, meanwhile the Bolt is larger in passenger/cargo volume than the i3 by 10 cubic feet and has better range. The bolt has almost 3 times the range of your i3 and is faster to 60 MPH.

And regarding sustainability, the Bolt is made of aluminum and steel, both highly recyclable materials. The i3 uses carbon fiber for the body shell, which is not really recyclable.

And the i3 REX is a pretty much a laughable design when compared to the Chevrolet Volt.

Sorry, but BMW loses in this engineering competition.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-15-2017 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0