Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
I love it when the public spouts off their opinions and what they think they know, just because the bolt is the same size as the i3 and gets more miles you think GM is better at designing the car. Theirs so much that goes into designing a car it's mind blowing.

Mileage mileage mileage, don't give a rats patoot about it. Why does an ev with more milage make it better! The car I have gets me everywhere I need and charges quickly, perfect for me. Yes they make the same model with double the milage but don't need it. Does it make it better ? If mileage is important to you then yes, for me no!

Unless you worked on the i3 during development or the bolt everything said is just speculation and full of what you think went on.

I don't care if the bolt was made of unicorn shit ! It's crap by association of years of crap that GM has designed and fed down people's throat! Yea I'm biased but it will be a cold day in hell before you find me buying a GM product!

Had an 80k dollar Yukon Denali as a rental! It was crap ! Fit and finish, detail, engine refinement, infotainment design! You name it.
Embarrassing!!!
LOL - I was a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers during college when I was studying industrial engineering. I worked at an aerospace manufacturing plant (Lockheed Martin) for 5 years as an equipment planning engineer. I've been responsible for the specification, purchase and installation of million-plus-dollar machining centers, and down to electric-linear-bearing coordinate measuring machines. I'm still in the engineering/product development field to this day, yet no longer in an engineering capacity. I've been studying automotive design and manufacturing for most of my life as my hobby of interest. Yeah, I know quite a bit about automotive design and manufacturing; so you can drop that argument technique now.

So EV range doesn't concern you, but EV range does concern EVERYONE else - LOL. That's why Tesla's get, as a minimum, 200 miles of range, it's why the new Tesla 3 supposedly will be rated at 215 miles. It's why GM engineered the Bolt to be bigger than the i3 with nearly triple the range of the 60Ah version. It's why BMW recently increased the capacity of the i3 battery to 33kWh. It's why there is the term "range anxiety". It's why everyone in the industry recognizes that a $30,000 EV with 200 miles of range per charge is the sweet spot that should make EV sales go above the measly 1% of the market they are at currently. An EV with more range makes it more salable to a larger section of the automotive marketplace. But your argument is that range doesn't matter to you, so it shouldn't matter to anyone else. What a fucking joke of a statement that is.

And I'll have to go on the Denali forums and see how many Denali transfercases fail because the tires are 3/32 different in tread depth from each other. May I ask how an all-wheel-drive X5 can wear tires so unevenly to the point that if you don't replace all four tires at the same time, the tranfercase breaks? It must be all those little angels flying around X5's wheels are really not doing their jobs very effectively...

And apparently you are the only automotive expert on earth that doesn't recognize the Chevrolet Small Block V8 as one of the greatest (Iconic - that means it's an icon...) engines produced of all time. Please go on, I find this quite entertaining.
Don't care ! As I said don't care if you designed rockets you weren't on the project of either GM, Tesla or BMW, so you know nothing of why they made the decisions they made, just stating simple facts. But GM still sucks (My opinion) and the bolt looks stupid (My Opinion)....

More of a mopar fan anyway....
Appreciate 0