View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVExotics View Post
As the title suggests, I placed an order for an i3s REx on Sept 20. I was told there were basically 4 custom build allocations remaining and was able to get one routed to my local dealership. At this point, I still haven't received a production number.
There are many strange things with the above facts, as dealer communicated them to you.

First of all, i3 is not an exotic hard to get car, with "4 custom build allocations remaining". I hope what he meant is that they asked for an "extra" production allocation and got it from BMW NA. Hopefully, that allocation is for product weeks #41-44 (October'19), not some time later this/next year!

Second of all, a dealer can not really sell you a car without having a production number on hand, with an exact week assigned to it. Some actually do just that to get your money upfront, and then they go looking for a production allocation. They will, eventually, find one, but it could be months away (usually happens with limited production vehicles, not i3's).

At this point, the dealer should be able to communicate that to you the exact production allocation week they got from BMW NA, if they really have it!

Quote:
What timeline should I be expecting for delivery?
You are in Arkansas, so 6-8 week East Coast timing, from the date of production, should apply.
The key is knowing what production week you are slotted into.

Quote:
The lease on my current i3 REx is up on Nov 21 and I will not be extending the lease. I'm really hoping the new one is here by then by at this point I'm starting to be doubtful.
It's not likely that your car will arrive in time.
What's your "plan B"? Do you have other cars in the garage to tide you over?

a
Appreciate 0