View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 05:50 AM   #6
RVExotics
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 REx

Thanks for all the replies. Guess I didn't have the forum set to notify me so I didn't realize anyone had responded.

afadeev, I'm not really sure the particular ins and outs of allocations and inventory allotments. I know the i3 isn't some rare exotic or anything (well, it around here, but that's beside the point). I just know that when I went to custom order a car, I was told that there were no more BEV allocations available, that only 4 were, two were REx I3's and two were REx 13s's. All four were slated for an east coast area delivery, so my dealer said they were able to get one routed to them. I originally wanted to get just the BEV i3s, but capitulated and got the REx. Honestly, living here in AR, the REx is probably best. Our EV infrastructure is getting better, but still a far way away from good.

So turns out, the car I ordered was produced on Oct 2 and is now sitting at the port waiting for a ship. It must have slipped by my dealership.

I'm suspecting now that the timing might work out almost pretty well for my lease turn in. I do have another car in case I have to turn in my lease before the new one arrives, I was just hoping the new one would be in and ready for delivery by the time I was ready to turn in the old one.
1999 Ford F150
Appreciate 0