Thread: An i3s
View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
fxoffroad
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 X3/'18 i3s/'12 X5/'03 Z8

Thanks for this feedback/info.

I think I'm "in", I just need to figure out the winter tire situation for the i3s Rex. I'm hoping I can put 19" rims on the i3s.

I did an extended test drive in an i3 Rex. Like everything overall with a few exceptions: Harsh ride. Lack of confidence for emergency maneuvers on the freeway/interstate. Infotainment is not as good as my 18 X3.

Unlocking the Rex menu will solve the range issue and day trips up to the mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
I have an i3Rex, dont know much about the S version.

Snow Tires & Freeway Driving - Its a great city & highway cruiser, its the 2nd BMW I ever bought without ever driving it before getting the keys, I am not an EV person but a huge Bimmerhead, I am impressed how fun it is to drive. People with 19s can get snow tires, if using all seasons there is a traction mode adjustment in the iDrive the genius suggested.

Year-round driving up in the mountains - If you manage the modes and battery, I can get almost 250 miles to charge/tank. Worse case scenario you get 2 gal of gas. Unlocking the Rex menu is helpful because then you can run the Rex at 75% or below and not use up all the battery if you wanted.

Legroom - All depends on your size....

Overall comfort - Nothing compares to MC seats from 5+ series. I miss them in my 1 and will miss them on my next M2/3/4. M5 & X5 have them, wife complains about the i3 seats, but she got used to MC seats for 4+ years. Even my E34 sport seats are more comfortable than the various seats in todays 1/2/3/4 offerings. Problem with the i3 seats, is adjustments, you have forward & back, tilt back tilt, and the height adjust goes on an angle. I find it tough to get the perfect setting because of notch points of where it locks.
Appreciate 0