Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit1986 View Post
Hey,

Yes I picked it up already, already a nice 600 km on the odo too.
It's quite frugal: we are averaging a 18kwh/100 km. If my wife drives it, it's more like 12-13kwh/100km.

I love the color to be honest. Very glad with it. It goes from a dark red to all sparkling shiny red in the sun.

The next mod I will do is replace the nose with the one on the i3s. I find it a lote nicer. it's the one thing that keeps me from thinking it's perfect.

For the rest, it just drives very well. It handles like a hot hatch, in my opinion.

There are some downsides tho:

- The doors need to be slammed, otherwise they won't close very well
- The seats have a high seating position
- The standard speakers are quite rubbish. I'm considering the bavsound mod.
Congrats on the new car! looks really good.

I typically average around 16kw/100km, can get it close to 12 if I make an effort.

I thought like you, getting a regular i3 with sport pack and install the "s" front bumper, the parts were cheap, about 500 euros.
But when I asked what an actual i3s would be, it was 800 euros more, so I got the i3s.
I know you did not have that option, just telling you that all new parts are cheap and can probably be done in a couple of hours at home.

Doors are a bit rough, my previous cars had soft-close, so quite the difference.

I like the seating position, makes it easy to get in/out of the car.
I find them lacking in side support and comfort on longer trips, but I guess this is a city car after all.

Speakers - I have the H&K option, they needed some time to soften up, I was quite disappointed with them to be honest, but after about 3000km of use they improved. Nothing like the B&O I had in my previous BMW, but not too bad and I'm ok with them now.
-20 i3s
-20 Ducati Diavel 1260s
Appreciate 0