Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
▀▄ eas | Quidzel Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) retrofit for i3 now available

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com

We are happy to announce the release of Quidzel Traffic Jam Assist Modules (TJA) for i3 are in stock and ready for installation or shipping.

BMW Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) is a driver aid system that performs lane keeping along with adaptive cruise control in limited scenarios, specifically highway traffic situations where the system is adept at following the car ahead at low to medium speeds, controlling steering, accelerator, and braking inputs. However, BMW has not offered this feature in the US market until just recently, even though many recent models with active cruise control already have the software and most of the hardware required. Specifically, BMW adds a capacitive steering wheel, sensor module, and wiring that is used to detect hands on the steering wheel and presume that if the driver’s hands are on the wheel, the driver is in control of the vehicle. Some people have bought the steering wheel & other hardware costing up to $1000 and successfully retrofitted their USA cars with TJA by coding the system modules to include option 5AR. The hardware isn’t commonly available in the USA, and requires airbag removal, etc.

The Quidzel Hands On Detection test emulator communicates with the car as if you had retrofitted the capacitive steering wheel. This small module installs in about 2-3 minutes, allows you to test the TJA functionality by coding the car for the new functionality, and is fully reversible. It is easiest to apply the code as a one-shot VO FA change across all the modules, as different cars have different modules. The initial hurdle to coding your car is a little steep, so you might ask for some help from someone advertising BMW retrofit coding services.

It must be said that you must remain attentive and in control of the car. You are responsible to monitor and correct your car’s driving – you will find that TJA is not autonomous driving and its technical ability is limited. To take advantage of this feature, you already must have active cruise control and are aware of its limitations – this adds steering assistance/control with similar limitations. Our HOD test emulator emulates the capacitance measurement, enabling BMW Traffic Jam Assist on your BMW vehicle with ACC (option code 5AT).

Installation

TJA Demo (credit: Bill Dickens)

Vehicles Supported
2014+ i3 with Auto Cruise Control (Option 5AR). Coding required

Ordering:

Phone:
You can reach us directly by calling 866.669.0705 to place your order over the phone.

Payment:
Credit/Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal, Google Checkout (available online & over phone)

Other Payments:
Money Order/Cashier’s Check & Bank Wire Transfer are also available. Please contact us to pay with either of these methods.

Shipping:
All orders will be shipping via UPS. If you are interested in shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, or internationally, please contact us directly, as you will be charged additional shipping fees.

Hours of Operations:
Monday - Friday from 9AM to 5PM PST
Saturday - 9AM-2PM PST
Sunday - Closed

Retail Location/ Installation Center:
Come check out our 8000 square foot facility in Anaheim, CA. We install everything we sell.

Contact Info:
Phone: 866.669.0705
Email: info@europeanautosource.com

Feel free to contact me via PM, email, or phone if you have any questions.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0